Presented by Congressman Bill Johnson
All Washington County High School juniors and seniors (Belpre, Fort Frye, Frontier, Marietta, Waterford, Warren & WCCC) are invited to attend. Please see your guidance counselor to sign up.
The Career Center – Adult Technical Training is please to be the host site of this summit on Friday, October 8 to showcase career and training opportunities in the manufacturing field.
The day consists of:
· Students bused to The Career Center from home school. (transportation costs will be reimbursed to the school)
· Breakfast and welcome by Congressman Bill Johnson.
· Students leave for hands-on tours of manufacturing businesses in the area.
· Students return to The Career Center for lunch with local manufacturers.
· Immediately following lunch, students return by bus to their home school.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided to the students.
Transportation (bus) costs will be covered by the AOMC (Appalachian Ohio Manufacturing Coalition).
Limited to 20 students per school. Junior and/or seniors.
Targeted to students:
· Those interested in engineering.
· Those interested in the skilled trades.
· Those without a clear path for their future. This is a great opportunity to explore career fields.
· Those that like to problem solve.
· Those interested in robotics or technology.
· Those that like to work with their hands.
Students will be touring 2-3 of the following businesses:
· Skuttle Manufacturing
· Pioneer Pipe
· Morrison Inc.
· Micro Machine Works
· Thermo Fisher Scientific
The Career Center is excited to host this event and appreciative that it has made its way back to Washington County! Please contact Lori Smith at 740.373.2766 ext. 2016 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.